Monday, November 12, 2007

We'll Start With This Past Saturday...

My attempts at posting regularly are futile.
I have 20 minutes to kill before I go meet up for lunch, which means I'm regrettably stuffing myself with leftover pastry I salvaged from work last night, and eating raspberries by the handfuls. No self control.
I agreed to work on Saturday at the flower shop for part of the day. I figured since I'd most likely be leaving my car at the station next door so they could first rape it, then rape me, I might as well walk next door and punch in so all of this raping could be done on the clock. Time spent at work went fine, I picked up my car around 5ish, expecting the worst, which I got. "Dave" tells me I'm going to need a new computer installed. It'd better be covered since its a job that'll cost thousands and thousands, and so far everything thats happened to it hasn't been. So much for that extended warranty. ( is that a hint of lemon in this filling?) I figure I have no choice but to take care of it, since I'm taking my unborn children to college in this car. Things tend to lead to other things, like telling some guy at the car place that I used to have dreds and listened to metal led him to give me a post-it note with his name and phone number on it. "You call me if you ever wanna get stoned." Umm, thank you?
So I get home from work, grab the mail, let the dog out, and sit down at the computer. I'm going through the missing children post cards, Bed Bath and Beyond discount post cards, and Wal-Mart (I thought this was Target country...) savings post cards. I find two letters from St. Kate's; the first one I opened was the acceptance letter. I kind of assumed that I'd get in since the admissions lady told me they accept 80-some percent of people who apply. What I didn't expect was the second letter telling me they'd awarded me a Dean's Scholarship for $3000 and an Academic Achievement Scholarship for $3500. I was psyched at first, but assuming that this Tuition Exchange waiver thing goes through, I won't see a penny of it. RIT will get it, which is fine I suppose, I mean, I'm waling away from this whole thing without any debt so how can I be bitter at all?
But what I really wanted to write about was the Meat Puppets show. I was right in front of the stage, and I couldn't get over the fact that Cris Kirkwood looks EXACTLY like Eddie Van Halen does now. Lunch time though, so I'll be putting up analytical pictures in the near future.

No comments: