Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bathtub Gin...Haha

Good Lord Phish references seem so dated. I'm only 23, was following them on tour 3 years ago, and yet it seems almost sour now. I cannot deny that I had an immense amount of fun, and at the time felt something so silly inside about the whole thing. In a good way. Calling myself a hippie now would almost seem as wrong as Ted Haggard still referring to himself as a Born Again. I guess I'm in a phase where I can't listen to them at all without cringing every time Trey says the word "brain", which happens every few lines, which Tom Marshall wrote anyway. I'm more in a Cramps/Patti Smith/Husker Du/Dinosaur Jr./Buck Owens phase right now. And there's always a little bit of Dire Straights and/or Elvis Costello in there too. But anyway, what I MEANT to say when I started writing this whole thing was

I'm going to take a bath everyday for the rest of my life. Or at least several times a week. Once a week if I can. Or maybe sometime again soon. I'll aim for that. I was in there thinking about coffee cans, coat hangers, and that random letter from someone in Japan I found under the radiator in the kitchen while sweeping when I first moved in here. The letter had been dated several years ago, which leads me to believe that the previous occupants (however many there were between the ones who received that letter and me) weren't very thorough with their cleaning. I'm sitting naked in a bathtub that suddenly became very slimy. "AND I USED BON AMI!!" If you're reading this and you get that reference, we're meant to be best friends forever.
None the less, I fell asleep in there tonight, and I wish I'd crawled into bed while my hair was still wet in the back; instead I made tea and went to the computer like a homeless person approaches a smoker. "I really don't want to talk to you, but lets be honest. I do. You need me as much as I need you. You'll feel better about yourself, and I'll be in check. Snap. <-- I can't even use that word anymore. My boss took it from me. It's too damn appropriate sometimes. Using that word is taking the easy way out of coming up with a situational adjective. That didn't make any sense whatsoever.
I'm cutting myself off now.
I just ate an orange. It was probably only the third one I've ever eaten, but I was disappointed. I will try again.
And I will try ice fishing sometime within the next 3 years.
fin. done.

No comments: