Monday, June 23, 2008

After Six Months of Empty Promises...





Delivery- and no one cares anymore. But alas, this proves that I'm not crazy. Back in...what, November? The Meat Puppets played at the Varsity Theater and the entire time, all I could think about was how much Cris Kirkwood looked like Eddie Van Halen. I'm not saying that anyone questioned this, seeing as how everyone was a LOSER and decided to go see Styx or stay home and play Guitar Hero (which is even more inexcusable considering the standard of cool set by todays "Rock Band" game, or whatever its called...I played it once...I love gin and can't recall anything but Garbage, literally...but that is an entirely different blog yet to be created). Either way, I've been consciously waiting for them to come back ever sense. Actually, I'd take Elmo Kirkwood- Kurt Kirkwood's son any day. He and Kurt played at least two years ago at the 400 Bar opening for Handsome Family and it was incredible, INCREDIBLE!! That was the night I met Kevin and his wife Michelle, unofficially for the third or fourth time. I happened to be working at the Co-op and they came in before I left for the day, and I made them some sandwiches. That night, I recognized them at the show so I tapped them on the shoulders and said, "Hey- didn't I make your dinner tonight??" Probably freaked them out a bit, but since that job happened I've seen Kevin all over the place, namely the coffee shop I work at now and the Heliotrope Fests, Turf Club, probably other places...anyway....there you have it. Cris Kirkwood and Eddie Van Halen- brothers from different mothers, or perhaps the same, as I've never studied eithers family tree. I'll leave that to my mother, that batty ol' genealogy nut.

1 comment:

Nikki Miller said...

I've always thought he looked like Mickey Dolenz, but I can see it.